Sustainability Through Historic Salvage Conference
WHEN: Saturday, November 8, 2014, 8AM — 4:30PM
WHERE: Art Building West, The University of Iowa, 141 North Riverside Drive, Iowa City, Iowa (map)
Thank you to all presenters and participants for making this a successful event!
Videos of each presentation can now be streamed online! Thank you to City Channel 4 for producing these videos.
Speakers and presentations:
• Rod Lehnertz, University of Iowa Facilities Management Director of Planning, Design & Construction and
University of Iowa Architect
"The Role of Historic Salvage in the University of Iowa’s Flood Recovery" (PDF)
• Keynote: Bob Yapp, President, Preservation Resources, Inc.
"Architectural Salvage: The Ultimate Recycling" (PDF)
• Charlie Vinz, Director of Production and Sales at the Chicago-based Rebuilding Exchange
"Innovation in Building Material Waste: Reuse and Recycling" (PDF)
• Marlys Svendsen, Historic Project Specialist, Iowa Homeland Security & Emergency Management,
Preservation Planning Consultant at Svendsen Tyler, Inc.
"Helping Communities Recover Historic Treasures from Natural Disasters" (PDF)
• Paula Mohr, Ph.D., Architectural Historian & Preservationist, State Historical Society of Iowa
"Tools for Preservation" (PDF)
• Alicia Trimble, Executive Director of Friends of Historic Preservation (Iowa City), tour host
For more information about the conference, contact Liz Christiansen, Director of the Office of Sustainability, at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or Alicia Trimble, Executive Director of Friends of Historic Preservation, at email@example.com.
P.O. Box 2001
Iowa City, IA 52244